Why would I? I’m a woman. Nothing about virginity in any form is appealing to me. Virginity is only attractive to someone who knows/ has/ is very little and fears anyone with more knowledge/experience than them. I don’t claim to know everything and if I were smart enough to, why would someone with less knowledge be interesting to me? Dating app virgins are just as cringe-worthy, awkward and useless to me as sex virgins. And no, that is not my problem but the fact that they think it should be is THE PROBLEM.
Here’s what a dude who opens with “This is my first time here.” sounds like to me.
- You have been bestowed the unwelcome honour of being my tour guide through that complex, frustrating world of digital dating.
- You will have to tolerate mommy issues, daddy issues, abandonment issues, ex-girlfriend issues, consent issues, casual sexism/racism/homophobia/transphobia issues under the excuse of “I didn’t know!”
- You will be blamed for calling these out.
- You will not be compensated for your efforts.
- You will go into said dude’s lexicon of experiences with weird women when he uses your teachings to trap some other woman.
Cynical, much? Welcome to India where the adult male is still attached to his umbilical cord and in thrall of his fantasy ex’s anatomy. Let’s also shovel in a liberal dose of Reward-Education-That-Cauterizes-Humanitarian-Side-Social-Skills. So get ready for a parade of engineers/ CAs/ MBAs/ doctors/ Fancypants jobs/ Pedigreed Puppies who think the ability to communicate is a woman’s job and that they deserve an award for allowing you to teach them.
And finally, let’s all join in applauding the entitlement that blinds the male of the species to simple facts. Like what, you ask? Oh, like he’s a techie but has conveniently forgotten that dickpics can be screenshotted and shared. Or that he manages securities but sees nothing wrong in demanding a woman he just met get into a car with him for a long drive.
Literally, what is attractive about a man who hasn’t figured out how to draft a good dating profile yet? Use Google, man. How do you become middle management and not figure out that other human beings aren’t chatbots at your service 24/7? And just how does one get to 35 without the concept of normal, adult conversations? Dating app virginity doesn’t make you New & Fresh; it makes you Outdated & Lazy.
Err, no. I’ll take the smooth-talking, ghosting, commitment-phobic fuccbois anyday. At least I don’t have to give them a free primer on how to use their index fingers to swipe left.