June feels like a good month. It’s the first time I have ever welcomed a monsoon in Mumbai.
I’ve been doing some writing, outside of these two blogs. My commentary on relationships has been getting an interesting (read masaledaar…look at the comments) response at Yahoo! Real Beauty. But the site’s new Recommendations section also featured a style post, a book review and 2 app stories, all by me. FriendsOfBooks carried my list on 10 Great Vacation Reads For Children. I did some advisory content work on the topics of Romance, Relationships, Love & Sex (sorry, I can’t explain more due to the terms of the contract).
And in between all that, here’s what I was reading:
- ‘Notes On Living With My Ex-Boyfriend For Eight Months‘ : Egad! When living in goes wrong. It was strangely comforting, though….to know that you don’t stop feeling or living. (via ThoughtCatalog)‘
- ‘Should I Be Embarassed To Buy Tampons?‘ : Funny, I always thought it was very thoughtful of local chemists to newspaper-wrap sanitary napkins on sale. Was I being unknowingly regressive? Or do we just not *have* to shout out every little detail about our bodies? (via TheFrisky)
- ‘Dads, Hug Your Daughters!‘ : Pertinent but preachy? (via TheFrisky)’
- ‘Man Takes Revenge At Girlfriend With Abortion Billboard‘ : Does this make you go “Aww, how sweet!” or “Ooh, touchy, touchy!”? (via YourTango)
- Just in case you ever wondered…’What A Male Orgasm Feels Like‘ (via YourTango)
- Indian parents seem to be caught in that unfortunate tug-of-war between the conservative ‘ladki se paisa nahin lenge’ attitude and pro-feminist/independence world for their daughters. (via Twitter)
- ‘The 5 Stages Of Most Relationships ‘ : Rather depressing how many of these are true! (via Maxim)
- A rather funny (and annoyingly familiar) flow-chart on ‘How Men and Women Argue’ (via Maxim)
- ‘The story of an ex-Playboy bunny‘: Actually a rather good read. (via The Good Men Project)