This week I looked at the way we women interact with the media. I don’t mean only the more famous of us and the soundbites to the press. I mean, what messages we take in and what we give out. In truth, all media is a two-way conversation between individuals and the world. What we make popular indicates what we like, what we are consuming and so we get fed more. Think about this and have a great week!
- Technology is a creation medium, possibly the most wide-reaching one today. Why should women let themselves get left behind? ‘Girls, Media, Tech: Creators, Not Just Consumers‘ via Zemanta
- Boys. Books. Mmm Mmm Mmm. And apparently I’m not the only one. : ‘Reading is Sexy‘ via Thought Catalog.
- Some parts of this made me snigger, some parts made me angry. Feminism, just like other popular causes, gets hijacked and ruined by vested interests. (via Battlefield315)
- To the great numbers that made an abusive guy, a hit: Ladies, look what the world is thinking about us!: ‘Women’s Intellectual Development ‘ via Wumo
- What makes a good Indian girl? A funny/insightful video-promo for the book The Bad Boy’s Guide to Good Indian Girls has some answers. I‘m in the interviews too. Read the book, I loved it. (via Annie Zaidi & Smriti Ravindra)
You can catch these links as I find them on the XX Factor Facebook Page. Send me any interesting links you’d like to see here and I’ll feature them with due credit. Email ideasmithy at gmail dot com or Tweet to @ideasmithy