August was a busy month so I didn’t manage much link-love. But September started off on a good note and I’m hoping it’ll only get better.
My Style section is picking up. For a few reader/friends who asked, I Style! features whacky, fun clothing & accessories; Ideart showcases my fabric painting and I Wear tracks everyday style. This month, I add to the repertoire by featuring other people whose sense of style caught my eye. But don’t worry, I’m not turning into a fashionasta. Dressing & looking good are an important part of our daily lives. But The Idea-smithy will still have fiction, pop culture, reviews, general quips & wisdom (?). And here’s September’s features:
- There’s enough being said about the best hairstyle for your face type but what about the
one accessory that’s closest to your face? ‘Your Face Shape & Earrings‘ (via
- What’s a status update if not a way to rant? (via Facebook)
- The art/book/style lover in you will LOVE this store that produces clothing with book art. (via OutOfPrintClothing, link courtesy HippyHollySimpleSally)
- A handful of cocktail recipes from everyone’s favorite intelligent party-girl! ‘Cocktail recipes for people who really just like anything with a salt rim‘ (via TheCompulsiveConfessor)
- A book about language & whether it can be grown ‘artificially’. ‘In the land of invented languages‘ (link courtesy Time)
- The dabbawalla has gone online! Find a tiffin service by cuisine, meal & location at IndiaTiffins.
One from my Bookmarks from the 90s, this site has provided daily wisdom in my mailbox for over a decade. Ranging from the writings of Osho to Zen pearls to quotes by famous people, Deeshan is now available on Twitter & Facebook too.
- A former colleague turns film director. His first film, Kshay is being screened at the Chicago International Film Festival. Congratulations, Shaan!
- Shakti gives us India’s answer to the LBD! (via Twitter).
- After I asked what Facebook’s look was doing for its users, this came up as an answer: ‘Does Facebook Really Care About You?’ (via CNN)
- A hilarious email chain that’s been modified and edited from the original article, for sometime now: ‘London Times Obituary Of The Late Mr.Common Sense‘ (via MyBroadBand)
- Ideamarked July2011: Social Networks, Twitter Talk & Internet Memes
- Ideamarked June2011: Conspiracy Theories, eGadgets & Hakoba
- Ideamarked May2011: Scams, Hacks & Schoolboy Raunch